Thursday, April 5, 2012

Touched


The last leprosy colony we served seemed like a quaint retirement village. Elderly people walked out of their houses with bright shiny faces, excited to see us. The weather wasn't too hot, the sun was shining brightly. It was a lovely place.


Here's a sneak peek inside.


Because of their advanced age, some of these people had little if any toes and fingers left. They were feeble, fragile and slow moving.


This man was very proud of his picture and wanted me to take another!

I loved their spirit and the wisdom in their eyes. This lady below is so beautiful. Denie and I sat next to her on the ground. She pointed to the sun, noticing we had no shade and suggested we get up and follow her to a near by building. There we sat with her and some other ladies, trying our best to understand what they were saying, hoping to get a glimpse into their lives. Mainly I just wanted to feel them and have them feel love from us.
Soon it was time to go. As we drove away I felt a sense of completion. I could sense my time in India was winding down. It was a satisfying feeling and also a sad feeling. Only a little time left to go.

On the way Denie snapped these amazing photos of every day life in India!

Goodnight everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. The last one is my favorite!! It should be framed & sold!!!! Must be a little bitter-sweet. I'll miss reading these updates :(

    ReplyDelete