Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I'm here!!

Ahh India... Where do I begin? I'll start with my the first things I noticed when I arrived.
The people are so very nice.
A smudge on the forehead shows you've been to the temple or said your prayers that day.
The head bobble from side to side is a general way of saying ok, yes, or good.
Poverty is no excuse for bad fashion. The women are always looking gorgeous, all decked out in their traditional Indian clothes.
There seems to be more men then women, like 5 to 1. I'm not sure why exactly. (Update: When I asked a friend where all the women are, she replied- Working!)
They don't line up to get somewhere, the just swarm all at once.
The people have a great sense of humor and like to laugh a lot.
Traffic rules are more of a suggestion than law. Their driving is seriously crazy, at times moving within a few inches of each other.
The buildings seem like they should be condemned and I wonder how/if anyone actually lives there.
The streets are dirty and cluttered with everything that should be at a dump.
Overall the air is thick, muggy, and smelly. Every once and awhile you'll get a breeze of something especially foul. Hold your breath until you pass it!
There is so much to take in it's overwhelming! Here are some pictures to give you an idea.
The view outside our hotel window.
I love seeing girls sitting gracefully on the back of a speeding moped.
Rice fields
Rickshaw
Us squished in the back of a rickshaw!
City life
I don't know what the tree markings mean but they're cool!
Who needs a family SUV?
I'm sitting here with droopy eyes, trying to think of a way to sum up this post. India is amazing! I can see it through my "India eyes" by noticing all the beautiful things hidden within. Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. INCREDIBLE!!! Love every picture. I'm thinking about you every day and how proud I am of your journey. Keep the posts coming. I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete